Thursday, February 24, 2011

To think about colleges...

Well.. hell week seems to be over and things are mostly back to normal with just a few additions to the routine. One day at a time is the current rule of the house. I'd love to slow down time if I could and this last few days of mail has made that desire even stronger.

Allie has received multiple letters and such from colleges saying pretty much "Hey.. look at us!" It's shocking to think that it is only a couple years from now that she will be attending college. I can't help but hope she chooses and is choosen by something close enough that we get to see her on a regular basis. She already is busy enough in high school that we only get a couple hours at most with her during the week and sometimes only that during the weekend. Slowly but surely she is growing up and growing away like all kids will.. I just hope she is never too far away or at least never too busy to keep in touch. A day without her laughter or her goofiness would be a sad day indeed.

And still on the subject of her.. she has a boyfriend now. How odd it is to think of my daughter.. my little girl.. holding some boys hand. Some boy I don't know yet. Admittedly.. her first boyfriend showed she had good taste. Brian is a sweetheart that I am glad to know through her. This new boy is also a part of the band (he plays trumpet) and a member of ROTC. She wants to invite him over to dinner so we can meet him. Fun fun!

*sighs* Time just goes way too fast..

No comments:

Post a Comment